Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I'm not a bad guy, honestly. I've done my fair share of sin but I like to think that my good deeds outweigh the bad. So when my neighbour came to me last Wednesday with his tale of woe, naturally I said "no problem."

I knew the guy (at least I thought I did); I'd only been living in the complex a month, but throughout that month, I interacted with the character almost daily. He lived with his sister, some cousins, nephews  and nieces in the apartment unit just above me. I've played with the kids, I'd even been invited over to dinner one time so I felt that they were pretty okay people.

Well as the story goes, the dude had an argument with his sister and she put him out...........no job, no money and only been in Georgia a couple months. A day later I found him wandering in the parking lot, heard his story and took him in. Many of you reading this are probably thinking......"Oh hell no".....I know you are, and frankly, I don't blame you.

I'd like to think that if I'm down on my luck, no food, no shelter, no money, and only the clothes on my back, that someone would find it in their hearts to help me. I provided the guy a warm bed, shared what little food I had available with him, even (stupidly) bought him "black and milds." As it turns out, my good deed didn't end well for me. The wonderful example of a human being stayed with me Wednesday and Thursday but disappeared mysteriously on Friday afternoon.

But he didn't leave empty handed, the little fuck managed to pick up a few souvenirs during his stay at Casa de Johnson......namely, every piece of jewelry I owned in addition to a watch or two sprinkled in for good measure.

Yup, I was robbed....the same asshole that had no food, no money, no family or friends, no place to stay, had the audacity to steal from me after I stuck my neck out for him. The real funny thing is that he's currently being held in Gwinnett County Jail on a different charge, assault. He'd beaten some youngster and got booked.

But it's fine, Gwinnett County PD is working hard and  there is a slight chance that I may get all my stuff back. And don't you dare feel sorry for me (on account of my stupidity or naivety), you ought to feel sorry for the next smuck that comes around looking for help..........they'll be getting the Jehovah's Witness treatment.



see the asshole here if you're interested:

http://www.gwinnettcountysheriff.com/asp/imageone_stage2.asp?target=%202011344994

2 comments:

  1. i am mad at u!!!! it could have been much worse so thank God for that but i still mad at u!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, yeah it was a pretty retarded thing to do now that I think about it. So far I have two reputations, only one of which I take pride in:

    1) I'm always broke
    2) I'm trustworthy (i.e. I don't steal)

    People's property never ever turns up missing when I'm around and I suppose it was naive of me to expect that of others......pity.

    It's a little ironic though that the guy has been in jail for 4 days so far.....for fighting, a misdemeanor charge with a $1300 bond.

    He coulda been out of jail the same day but having burned his bridges, who is going to bail him out at this point?

    ReplyDelete