Pages

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Ornery

I'm sure every one of you knows at least one person you can think of as "ornery." You know, that old fuss pot of an aunt, or a grandfather that complains about everything or that mother-in-law that just won't shut the fuck up.

They couldn't always have been like that could they? Of course not, everybody was a child once but think about it, at what point in their lives did they shift from youthful exuberance, to ornery, fun stealing, sap sucking, asshole?

I'm thinking 30.

I took the youngster to the neighbourhood pool on Sunday and all of a sudden my old people vision kicked in, tingling like spidersense. The pool was packed......with teenagers; running by the pool (a major no no with me now), diving, dunking, splashing, cussing (of all things). As I'm trying to relax in a far corner, the bastards are horse-playing around, kicking each other in the pool, jumping in regardless of who's standing nearby.

After about 30 minutes of the nonsense I'd had enough. In typical me fashion, I politely asked them to tone it down, stop running around and if they must dive or jump in the pool, they should at least do it on the other end away from people.

But what I really wanted to say was......................

"If allyuh jump allyuh mudda ass in here one more time, I go strangle all ah allyuh mudda cu........"

you get the idea.

But at the end of the day, it was just teenagers being teenagers, since when did this become annoying? I don't like being "that guy" who killed all the fun but enough was enough.

2 comments:

  1. AA...like yuh growing up boy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pfftt....hardly. I just have less tolerance for dotishness when I'm trying to relax. Apart from the increased traffic situation, I so glad Dekalb County schools going to open on Monday....is time to take dem dotish ass chirren and put dem somewhey to sit down.

    Shimps man

    ReplyDelete