Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Heart Walk 2012

I think I ticked quite a few people off this weekend.

You see, I am not a morning person, at all. I've been invited to and subsequently missed many events because of that, so the fact that I was out the house at 5:30, on a Saturday morning no less, had more than a few people, somewhat less pleased with me. I apologize for all your collective, many long years of frustration. 

.......but that's a no, I still won't be game for getting up on Saturday/Sunday mornings, don't even try it. :)
View looking east along 17th Street from the
Millennium Gateway Arch

So where were we?

Oh right, Heart Walk 2012.....got up, did it, had a damn good time and managed to get a decent workout in. A win win win situation if you ask me and I think I'll definitely be doing it again next year. 

Maybe I ought to give this early morning thing another look because seriously, the sunrise with Atlanta's skyline as a backdrop literally made my jaw drop....though alternatively I could probably get the same effect at sunset thus negating the whole early morning nonsense....Hmm. 

I'll need to check on the attendance figures but the event had a really good turn out. I wouldn't be surprised to hear figures like 20,000 or 30,000 or more in attendance.

17th Street tun up!!

For a person like myself, the party jumbie, the habitual wajang and otherwise career misfit, it felt good to know that I was finally putting my energies towards something useful. 

I'd been oblivious to the plight of CHD sufferers till I met someone that had it. I feel guilty in that I hadn't been putting the same level of effort into others around me that suffer everyday with other afflictions, like MS for instance. But don't worry, I'll fix that, better late than never...........now that I've gotten a taste for it, I think I'll definitely be getting on board next year for the causes of both MS and CHD. 

Don't worry, church people, allyuh next, I'll be on board soon.

Laters

2 comments:

  1. alright...everybody see it here. next year is me and u!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dey, doh worry yuhself....down for the cause for sure nex rounds.

    ReplyDelete