Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Atlanta Childrens Carnival

A few of you have been asking for details on the Atlanta Childrens Carnival parade which will be taking place this coming weekend:

                                             Atlanta Childrens Carnival
                                             Saturday 18th, May 2013 - 12 p.m. to 8 p.m.
                                             Salem Park
                                             5290 Salem Road
                                             Lithonia, GA 30038
                                                                       
SYNOPSIS: I had a look at the flyer for this event and I am at a loss for words. Whom is this event designed for exactly? The line-up of performers has me entirely confused.....the Femme Fatale Dance Crew? Really? Were Iwer George or Patrice Roberts too busy? Am I to assume that the organizers couldn't find an artiste even remotely associated with Caribbean culture? 

I'll probably end up just taking my youngster to the main parade anyway to be honest, attend this if  you want something safe to take your children to but apart from the costumes, I wouldn't expect a very caribbean-centric experience............I hope I'm wrong. 


3 comments:

  1. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks Bouncy Castle Hire Bexley

    ReplyDelete